For a nutritionally complete and tasty meal for your baby food beginner, avocado is the ideal food. They provide more than 25 essential nutrients, including fibre, potassium, Vitamin E, B-vitamins...
Finger Food for Baby
Easy-to-make finger food recipe ideas for your toddler.
If any of these foods are new to your baby, it is important to apply the four day rule as you introduce them. This will help you identify and prevent potential food allergies and digestive problems.
Not sure whether or not your baby is ready for finger foods? Then visit the finger food for baby - guide to getting started for some useful information and tips.
• Cut-up pieces of banana or soft pear (firmer pears should be cooked)
• Baked apple cubes
• Melon cubes
• Pieces of avocado (more avocado baby food ideas)
• Sliced kiwi fruit
• Chunks of cooked sweet potato (click here for more sweet potato ideas and recipes)
• Cooked asparagus
• Cut-up green beans
• Small pieces of cooked broccoli
• Cooked carrots, diced
Other healthy snacks
• Lightly toasted bread or bagels
• Scrambled egg yolks (do not include the whites before one year of age)
• Bite-size pieces of cheese
• Pea-size pieces of cooked chicken
• Cereals, such as puffed rice
• Pieces of pita bread, naan or chapatti
• Tiny sandwiches, filled with soft cheese or mashed banana
• Fingers of cheese on toast
• Cooked pasta, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese
• Tofu cubes (see tofu information and recipes to learn how tofu can benefit your baby)
• Rice cakes
• Overcooked brown rice - it's sticky and will "clump" together
Add some extra flavour to baby's finger foods with these recipes for baby dips and spreads.
Or make your own healthy finger foods with these homemade finger food recipes.